Friday, October 14, 2016

The Oborishte Makes an Appearance

My last ship of the night was a salty but not the salty I was hoping for.  I was really hoping that I would catch the Detroit but it turns out that she wouldn't pass Port Huron until sunrise.  Oh well, I did end up catching her in Detroit.
 The Oborishte is a grain carrying ship owned by Navbulgar (Or Navigation Maritime Bulgare) out of Bulgaria.  The company was founded in 1889.  She is named after a neighborhood outside of Sofia, Bulgaria.
 She is 190 meters long (or 552 feet) and can carry 38,881 cubic meters of grain.
 I loved the way her booms were reflecting in the water.
 I think I would have liked this shot more if I could have gotten more of her in it.
 She continues on her way to Hamburg, Germany.
I kind of liked the idea of an overall shot.

No comments: