Thursday, October 13, 2016

Catching Up With the Frontenac

I thought that the USS Detroit would be passing Port Huron after work because she was heading down to Detroit for her commissioning ceremony.  While I was waiting, I had the chance to catch a few ships.
 First up was the Frontenac.  It has been over a year since I've seen her last.  I think she went into early lay up last year and recently was put back into service.  Allegedly, she may have been spared from a scrap tow for a while.
 I still have a feeling that the Frontenac is not long for this world but I'll try to enjoy her while I can.
 She is headed up to Duluth/Superior.  I'd imagine she is going to pick up grain there but I'm not sure.
 It was a pretty nice night for boatwatching but a little chilly.  I have a feeling we aren't going to have too many more days like this.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She is almost framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 A better frame.
And one more shot of her before she moves on.

No comments: