Monday, October 24, 2016

The Wilfred Sykes Visits Grand Haven

It wasn't too much longer before the main attraction appeared.
 The Sykes was coming from Burns Harbor.  I think she had a load of iron fines for one of the docks.
 The weather yesterday was perfect for me.  And I arrived at the right time for the angle of the sun.
 I really like it when a ship comes into Grand Haven. 
 She fills the frame.
 A shot of the channel entrance.

 As she passed.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 If you look closely, you can see the Captain waving at the assembled crowd.  He even said, "Good morning, Grand Haven".  It seems like he relishes his star power.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 The flag flying in the breeze.
 A shot of her stack.
 I kind of liked the look of this.
 Another shot of the flag as it flies in the breeze.
 Her rudder.
 Another shot of her stern.  I love the sterns on older ships.
 She continues down the river.
 I decided to head over to spot a little further up the river.  I was hoping to get some different pictures.
 She starts to round the bend.
 A bow shot.
 One more shot at that spot.
I thought she was going to the other dock, so I thought I had some other shots of her.  It turns out she went to the Meekhof dock, where I can't really get shots of her.  I hope I have a couple more chances to get some shots of her.

No comments: