Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Trip to Grand Ledge

On Sunday, my mom and I headed over to Grand Ledge to meed up with my uncle and cousin.  I've never been to Grand Ledge but I've been told that I needed to head over there.
 Grand Ledge is about 13 miles west of Lansing on M-43.  It is situated on the Grand River and has a population of almost 8,000 people.  Grand Ledge was founded as a resort area and that was serviced by the railroad.
 I think at one time, this was part of a dam.  Now it is a pretty nice waterfall.
 A closeup shot of it.
 Another angle.
 We saw a little more color.
 Looking down the river.
 Grand Ledge is named for the sandstone cliffs that it has.  These are some of the smaller ones.  They still looked pretty cool.
 Another one.
 I think this is a coal spot.
 Another angle of the waterfall.
 And one more.
 I think this barn houses a theater.
This is one of the bigger ledges but I think there are bigger ones in the area.  People come from all over to climb them.  I think these are the only formations like this in the Lower Peninsula.

No comments: