Friday, October 18, 2019

Catching the John G. Munson

I wasn't expecting to catch the next ship.  When I checked Marine Traffic the night before, she was heading to Port Dolomite where I presumed she was loading stone.  After that, I expected that she would head to one of the southern ports like Gary, Detroit or Conneaut.
 As it turns out, she was delivering that stone to Dulth.  I presume from Duluth she would grab a load of iron to take somewhere else.
 At anyrate, it was nice to catch her because she is another nice looking ship.
 It seems like her owners take care of her.
 It was still cloudy, but I like that effect for pictures.  It makes the lighting more subdued.
 It also gives a dramatic background for the ships.  You can also see a little bit of fall color here.
 She continues on.
 the almost beam shot.
 About as close as I can get to a beam shot.
 There are some ships on the Great Lakes that wave with giant hands and this was one of them.  I like that the hand has the same pattern as the ship.
And she continues on her way.

No comments: