Thursday, October 24, 2019

And the Frontenac

The next ship is the one I was really interested in.
 The Frontenac was following the Algoma Discovery fairly closely, so I didn't take long for her to appear either.
 Unfortunately, I don't remember where she was heading from.  I think she might have been heading from Thunder Bay.
 And I think she was heading to Hamilton but I'm not sure what she would have been carrying.
 Anyway, she was a ship I wanted to catch because I think she's another one that's not long for this world.
 As I checked Marine Traffic tonight to try to figure out where she might have been, she was in Goderich.
 That means she was picking up salt and given the corrosiveness of salt, it's typically a cargo carried near the end of a ship's lifespan.
 And that's kind of a shame because she is one of the last Canadian built classic lakers left.  She is also one of the more beautiful.
 The almost beam shot.
 And the beamshot.
She continues on her way.  If it was in fact Hamilton, that's another day at least.

No comments: