Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The Cason J. Callaway Passing Belle Isle

So this is the ship I was hoping to catch.
 I saw that the Cason J. Callaway was starting to leave Calcite on Friday Night.  As I plotted out her course, I saw that I had a chance to catch her as she passed Belle Isle.
 Of course, that meant getting up earlier than normal.  The mallard at the bottom knew that and he was laughing at me.
 She was heading to one of the stone docks in Detroit but I wasn't sure which one.
 It was a nice enough morning but it was staring to rain as I was Belle Isle.
 She passes by me and gives me a beam shot.
 And she continues on her way.
 I headed down to Del Ray because I thought she might be going up the Rouge River.  That is one of the places here they deliver stone.
 But it turns out she was going to the stone dock that is by Mistersky Fuel Docks.  But that's okay,  I got a nice picture out of it.
And she turns towards the dock.

No comments: