Friday, December 31, 2021

My Last Ship of 2021

 It's hard to believe that the end of the year is upon us.  It seems like January 1st was just yesterday.  It's been an interesting ride so far.  It seemed like when the vaccine came out that we would finally be out from under COVID but it seems like we are worse off now than we were at the beginning of the year.  It seemed like things would get better politically and I'm not sure they are much better now than last year.  But much like Spring Training time, hope springs eternal.  Anyway, I was able to get down to catch my last ship of the year.

The ship in question was the Captain Henry Jackman.  The name is not new but the ship is.  She is the 10th ship of the 10 ship Equinox class.
She was ordered in 2010 and launched in December of 2020.  She was delivered to the lakes in April 2021.
She used the lessons from the other Equinox ships and has improved cargo capacity.  Her hatches are aluminum (which probably also adds capacity), 
She is 740 feet long and 78 feet wide.  She can carry almost 35,000 tons of cargo.
Given her configuration, she is built for the grain trade.
She passes the last ship as I switched to my drone.
Another shot with the Dorothy Ann/Pathfinder.
And then I was able to get a shot of the Jackman alone.  It was a pretty calm day, so my drone was flying pretty well.
I like the wake that she produces.
She continues by.
Couldn't quite get the beam shot, but this is pretty close.

One more shot as she continues on her way to Thunder Bay.  She should be there sometime tomorrow night.

No comments: