Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Bonus Ship

 I headed down to Del Ray to catch the next ship.  The next ship was moving up the river fairly slowly.

As I was waiting for the next ship, I saw the Saginaw coming up.
I knew she was coming up but I wasn't expecting her this quickly.
I believe she was heading up from Toledo.
And she was heading up to the Soo.
If I had gotten up there sooner yesterday, I would have caught her.
But I didn't.
And when I say the Soo, I mean the steel mill in the Canadian Soo.
I'm not sure what she was delivering.
But based on her depth, she was carrying something.
If I had to guess, I would say stone.
Anyway, it was nice to catch her.
A shot of her pilothouse.
Another shot of her pilothouse.
The Canadian flag.
Her stack.
Another shot of her flag.
She continues up the River.
In another 24 hours, she would be in the Soo.


No comments: