Saturday, August 6, 2022

Catching the Michipicoten

 I looked at Marine Traffic and I was hoping the catch the Alpena, Sykes and this ship.  The Alpena was heading upbound but she had a bit of a jump on me.  The Sykes was unloading and then loading at Rouge Steel.

The Michipicoten was heading downbound.
I saw the other ships last night but I must have missed the Michipicoten because I didn't see her until this morning.
It seems that the reason I didn't see her this morning was because she was loading in Goderich.
Goderich is typically a salt port but I think they also carry stone.
However, based and where she ended up, I would say that she was carrying stone because she ended up at an aggregates dock.
She was heading down to the aggregates dock in the Rouge River.
That would have been roughly 4 hours from this point.
And this point was from the Algonac State Park.
So I switched to the drone.
It wasn't that windy here but it was starting to pick up.
The water was a nice shade of blue though.
Getting to the beam shot.
Getting even closer.
She continues to head down the river.
One more shot with my drone.
I decided to head down to Belle Isle.  I was hoping to catch more shots of her.
I was also hoping that the Sykes would be moving out of the Rouge River.
Well, I did get more pictures of the Michipicoten.
The water was a different shade of blue.
I kind of like how the light is hitting in this shot.
She continues on her way.
She used to be known as the Elton Hoyt II before.
One more shot with my regular camera.
I switched to my drone.
I kind of like this spot here.
I love the blue of the Detroit River.
I was still trying to a lower angle.
She continues down the river.
I love the wake.
She's about 2 hours from her destination at this point.


No comments: