Thursday, August 25, 2022

Spotting from Schiller Park - Part I

 After the air show, the traffic returned to the normal pattern which meant I could go catch them at the Schiller Park Metra Station.  I'll have to say, this is probably my favorite place to spot anywhere (so far).  It's a spot where I can get all sorts of different angles and most of the foreign airlines.

First up was a Finn Air A330 coming in from Helsinki.
It was raining when I started at the station but it looked like it would clear very soon.  So I braved through it.
I think O'Hare may be the capital of the 787s but I'm not sure.
This United 787 was coming in from Frankfurt.
An All NIppon Airways 777 coming in from Narita.
A United 737 coming in from Fort Lauderdale.
An Emirates 777 coming in from Dubai.
This Southwest 737 was coming in from Nashville but it made me think of a thought exercise.  If they needed a 737 at O'Hare, how far would it have to fly from Midway to get there.  The two airports are 15 miles apart.  It turns out, there is a flight like that and it is 66 planned miles.
A 737 coming in from Fort Myers.
An American A319 coming in from LaGuardia.
A 757 coming in from somehwere.
A United 787 coming in from Haneda Airport in Tokyo.
Another angle.
A Lot 787 coming in from Krakow.
An Aer Lingus A330 coming in from Dublin.
This Air France A350 was coming in from Paris.
Delta's A220 from LaGuardia.
An Air Canada E175 coming in from Montreal.
A 787 belonging to Royal Jordanian.
This one was coming in from Amman.
The KLM 787 from Amsterdam.
Another angle.
a 767 coming in from Heathrow.
I liked the trails on this one.
It was a Swiss Air 777 coming in from Zurich.
An All Nippon Airways 787 from Narita.
An American 737 from Dallas.
An American 787 from Athens.
Another angle.
The Spirit in the Sky coming from Myrtle Beach.
A 747 belonging to Cargo Lux.  I love the black nose.
This one was coming in from Zhengzhou via Anchorage.
A Southwest 737 from Orlanda.
A DASH8 from Toronto.
A United 737 from Cozumel.
A Sun Country 737 from White Plains.
And an American 787 from Heathrow.


No comments: