Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Finding the Christman Bridge

 I decided to head to Preble County which is the county directly west of Dayton.  I have been in this area before but I didn't find these bridges before.  It was a pretty neat area though.

The first bridge I found was the Christman Bridge.  It is on Eaton-New Hope Road and crosses the Seven Mile Creek in Washington Township.
It was built in 1895 by Everett Sherman.  He was a man that built many of the bridges in the area.  This particular bridge cost a little over $4000 to build.  It was named after the man who owned the land.
It was added to the National Historic Register in 1976.  In 2007, extensive renovations were done on it to the tune of $331,000.  I still find it amazing that one county in Ohio has more covered bridges than the entire state of Michigan.


No comments: