Saturday, August 27, 2022

A More Familiar Face

 The Herbert C. Jackson is a more frequent visitor to these parts.

She was delivering stone to the Rouge River area.  I think she came from Sandusky to do that.
Now she is heading up to Marquette where she will pick up taconite.
Presumably that will be for the Rouge Steel Mill, so she will be back in this next of the woods.
Then I think she will head back to Sandusky.
Because that's what she's been doing lately.
Still, it's always nice to catch a classic laker.
Especially this one.
And then I switched to my drone.
There wasn't other drone traffic around here, so it was a lot more fun flying.
The blue of the St. Clair River is pretty nice over here.
I saw a few people swimming.
She continues her way up.
I tried to get a beam shot.
I think I was more successful with this one.
She heads up.
It is roughly 36 hours up to Marquette.


No comments: