Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Pictures from the O'Hare Hilton

I headed over to Chicago for the weekend.  I thought I was going to catch the Air and Water Show there but more on that later.  This time, I did something different.  I mean we normally stay a hotel but this time I stayed at a hotel I've wanted to stay at for a while.  I ended up staying at the O'Hare Hilton and selected a runway view room.

I wasn't sure if I would be disappointed or not, but fortunately, I wasn't disappointed.

I got to the hotel at about 11 on Friday but it was too dark for any pictures but the airport looked pretty cool.  I couldn't wait to get up.  The first plane I caught was a United 787.  I think this one was getting ready to head out.
This United 737 was coming in.  I think I even got a little panning action out of it.
A DHL 767 getting ready to taxi out.
This is an airline that I haven't caught before.
Air India was founded in 1932 as Tata Airlines.  The original owner was J.R.D. Tata and he flew their first plane which was a DeHavilland Puss Moth.  He ran an air mail service that went from Karachi to Bombay.  In 1946, it became a public limited company and was renamed Air India.  Today it has 127 aircraft and services 102 locations.  This is a 777.
A United 737 coming in.
I don't think I've caught this airline before either.
Ethiopian Airlines was founded in 1945.  It currently has 134 planes and services 127 passenger and 58 cargo destinations.  This was a 787.
A Royal Jordania n 787 coming in from Amman.
A United 787 landing.
I think this is another airline I haven't seen before.
Japan Airlines is Japan's flag carrier and was founded in 1951.  I have a picture of a 3 year old me in front of a Japan Airlines 747.
a Fed Ex 767 getting ready to go out.
An Atlas Air 747 coming in.
Because I love 747s.
And one more.
An All Nippon Airways 777 coming in for a landing.
This the other airline from Japan.
A United 777 coming in for a landing.
A United 757 getting ready to take off.
A 757 coming in.
Taxiing.
A 757 getting ready to take off.
And one more shot of that 757.  The 757 looks really good in this livery.


No comments: