Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Brief Trip to Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge

 After catching the Kaye E. Barker, I decided to head down to Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge with my mom.  It was still a nasty day but I thought I would see some birds.

I missed a chance to get a picture of an indigo bunting, I didn't have my camera ready.  I have no idea what kind of bird this was as it was backlit.
An egret.
I think this is one of the reasons why my mom wanted to go down.  The American Lotus were coming out.
Another egret.
A heron.
An egret again.
I think this is a marsh mallow.
Another American lotus, I was able to get closer to this one.
Another.
I like this one.
I like the egret set out against the green background.
Fully opened lotus.
I think this is my favorite angle.
I like this one.
I think I really like this one.
I wish I could have gotten this one in the water.  Oh well.

I didn't get an eagle.  I think it was too windy for them and they were hunkered down somewhere.


No comments: