Sunday, August 6, 2023

The Kaye E. Barker on the Rouge River

 Like I said in my last post, I saw that there was going to be a ship heading up the Rouge River, so I decided to catch her.

Actually, I should have gotten up a little earlier because I could have caught two other ships.  As I looked at the weather, it was looking pretty blah.
But that didn't deter me from getting this ship.
I started at the Fort Street Bridge because I wanted to catch her with my drone.
The ship in question was the Kaye E. Barker.
I tried to catch her from different heights.
I kind of like this angle.
But the lower angles work better, I just wasn't brave enough to get lower.
Almost a straight shot.  Again, I wasn't brave enough to move my drone a little over.
She starts to pass.
This is probably my favorite of the set.
I decided to get a shot of her pilothouse.
Looking back at the deckhouse.
One more shot of the pilothouse.
Then I headed over to the Dix Avenue Bridge where I used my regular camera.
Honestly, I love the views on the Rouge.
And in some spots, there is actually a nice backdrop.
She was getting closer.
She was coming down from Marquette with a load of taconite.
She was heading to the steel mill.
She appears through the bridge.
A shot of the pilothouse.
One of her workers watching the distance from the bridge.
One of her hatches open.  You can see the taconite.
Her stack.
One of her boats.
Old Glory flapping in the breeze.
Another shot of Old Glory.
She makes the turn for the slip.
I love this shot and I love the backdrop.
the almost straight shot.
She turns in.
One more.


No comments: