Monday, August 21, 2023

Return of the Leitch

 It has been a while since I've caught this ship.  Usually when I see her, I can't catch.  When I saw that she was passing at a time where I could catch her, I decided to head down.

The John D. Leitch is a favorite of mine.  Mainly because she is a fairly unique looking ship.
Many in the boatnerd community like to call her ugly.
I don't think she's ugly, just unique.
One of the reasons for that is that she can carry more cargo.
The pilothouse moves the cargo hold a little forward and that gets just a little more cargo.
For some reason, she reminds me of Lurch.
She makes the turn for the channel.
In the background was a ship waiting in the anchorage.
Love the looks of the water.
I think she was heading down from Thunder Bay.
She was heading to Quebec.
She passes Windsor.
For some reason, my drone switched into a different mode.  By the time I figured it out, this was the only picture I could get.  Not bad, but I wish I could have gotten more.
And she passes the Gordie Howe Bridge.  I can't wait for this to finish because it looks fairly nice.


No comments: