Monday, August 21, 2023

Catching the Edwin H. Gott

 So I decided to go boatwatching again yesterday.  It was a pretty nice day for it although it was a little on the warm side.  It also helped that there was one I haven't seen in a while.

Unfortunately, it was a little on the hazy side.
And since it was on the warm side, I was getting a little heat haze too.
The Gott was coming down from Duluth, I think.  If not Duluth, it was Two Harbors.
Consequently, she had a load of taconite but I think that may be all she carries.
She was heading to Nanticoke where there is a steel mill.
The Gott is one of thirteen thousand footers on the Great Lakes.
She has the normal unloader, unlike the Speer which has an unloader similar to the Cort.
This makes her a little more versatile.
So I switched to my drone.  It was a pretty nice day for it.
It wasn't too windy.
And I love the blue of the Detroit River.
She passes by.
Her thousand feet in its glory.
The beam shot.
She continues on her way.


No comments: