Friday, August 18, 2023

Catching the Alpena

 It was the Alpena that dragged me out.

I haven't seen her in a while and she is one of my favorite ships on the lakes.
She is the oldest self powered freighter.
Even though she is shorter than her original configuration.
But she is a nice looking ship.
And her owners seem to care for her fairly well.
She was heading down from her namesake city with a load of cement.
And she was heading to the dock by Del Ray.
That is a fairly long unload, so I might be able to catch her on the way back.
If I'm lucky, it might be a split load, and I can catch her in Essexville.
Either way, I would love to see her again.
It was a nice day.
She starts to pass Windsor.
And she has a load of Windsor.
Unfortunately, my drone decided to act up on me, so I couldn't get drone shots of her.  Hopefully, I fixed it and I will be able to use it tomorrow.


No comments: