Saturday, August 19, 2023

Catching the Lee A. Tregurtha

 Last night as I was looking up my ships from yesterday, I saw that the Lee A. Tregurtha was making her way down.

I figured out roughly what time she would be passing Detroit and I headed down there.
The Lee A. Tregurtha is another ship that I like to catch when I can.
She is converted from a World War II Navy Tanker.
And that gives her a unique look on the Lakes, as she retains the salt water bow from World War II.
I'm not sure where she was heading from.
I'm going to guess that it was Marquette.
She was heading down to Toledo.
I presume that she had a load of taconite for there.
But I'm not terribly sure.
At any rate, I knew she wasn't going to be headed up the Rouge.
She has a pretty nice profile.
I was able to figure out what was wrong with my drone, so I was able to use it today.
It wasn't as windy today but it was giving me some fits.
The water looked nice in the sun.
I was able to catch the Westcott hooking up with her.
I like this shot.
The Westcott pulls away.
The beam shot.
She continues down the river.
The Gordie Howe Bridge is coming right along.

I grabbed my regular camera because I wanted a better picture of it.  I think it is about five hours from Detroit to Toledo.

No comments: