Thursday, August 3, 2023

A Surprise Visitor

 As I was getting ready to leave, I had to take a look at Marine Traffic to see if there was anything else.  I thought there might be a ship heading up.

The Honorable James L. Oberstar was coming up from Dearborn I think.
She had gone there the night before.  It would have been after I was in Detroit though.
I think it is roughly a 5 hour unload time, but I never really figured it out.
I think she was heading back up to Marquette.
She would pick up a load of taconite there.
And return to Dearborn.
I tried to use my drone while I was in Marysville but it was blocked, so I headed up to Port Huron to catch her again.
I like the views better here, so that wasn't a problem.
The sun was shining just about right.
She makes the turn for the  channel.
I love the views here.
It's amazing watching the ships do this dance.
The bow shot.
She makes the final turn for the channel.
I love the lighting.
One more.
Then I switched to my drone.  She is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
I love this view.
Raised the drone up because I was going to start pulling it back.
She passes by.
the beam shot.
She passed.
She heads out to Lake Huron.
Until next time.


No comments: