Sunday, May 8, 2016

Beating the Baie St. Paul

This is a ship that I saw was coming downbound and I figured she would be passing about the same time as a ship I was interested in was coming upbound.
 The Baie St Paul is a member of the Trillium Class.  This is a group of ships that was designed by Canada Steamship Lines and built in China.  This was the series that opened the floodgates to Canadian flagged Chinese built ships.
 I still don't like what they stand for, but I think they are pretty nice looking ships.
 She is headed to the port of Becancour which is almost at the mouth of the St. Lawrence River.  As of this post, she still has another two days to get there.
 I'm guessing that she came down from Thunder Bay, which means she is carrying grain.
 I think she will unload her grain at Becancour and another ship will deliver it overseas.
 And then she will continue the cycle over again.
 A shot of her stern.
And one more shot as she is approached by the subject of one of the next posts.

No comments: