Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Mighty Paul R. Tregurtha

I can't believe it actually.
 It is almost two months into the new shipping season and this was the first time that I caught the Paul R. Tregurtha this year.  She is one of the vessels that I try to catch.  Here she is coming off Lake Huron.
 She was heading down to St. Clair with a load of coal.  This is her fairly normal run but occasionally she goes elsewhere.
 Last year, a pair of reporters from the Detroit News took a ride on her and told about their exploits.  It was pretty cool.
 Probably one of my favorite shots that I can get at Port Huron.  It just makes her look like a serious beast.
 The ship is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 You never appreciate the size of her until you see it for yourself.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 she continues her way down the river.
And one more shot of her.

No comments: