Friday, May 27, 2016

Catching Up With the Arthur M. Anderson

I looked at AIS this morning and I saw that the Arthur M. Anderson was making her way upbound.  I was kind of waffling on whether I wanted to go out photographing or not and this settled the deal for me.
 The Arthur M. Anderson just made a stone delivery to the Carmeuse Dock on the Rouge River.  If I remember correctly, that is the one that is near the Jefferson Avenue Bridge.  If the bridge were repaired, I think you can get pictures of ships docked there.
 She is heading up to the Port Dolemite Dock which is about halfway between I-75 and DeTour Village.  This is roughly a 21 hour trip by ship which is pretty short for many of the voyages made by the ships on the Great Lakes.
 So I actually caught up to her at Marysville.  I wasn't quite sure if I would be able to or not but I figured I might as well try.  If she were past Marysville, I could still catch her in Port Huron.
 A shot of her pilothouse.  It's hard to imagine what it would have been like on this pilothouse during the night she was following the Edmund Fitzgerald.
 A shot of her deckhouse.
 She continues to make her way up the St Clair River.
 It was a little on the hazy side as I got to Port Huron.  But I did manage to catch her there.
 She makes her way past the Huron Lightship.  She got a salute from her and the Hollyhock.  She of course responded her own salute.  That was pretty cool.
 She continues to make her way up the River.
 She is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.  I was hoping that the clouds were more gloomy though but we didn't get the expected thunderstorms today.
 An almost profile shot.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 And her deckhouse.
 The Stars and Stripes flying behind her in the nice breeze.
 I kind of liked the way the rocks looked in this shot.
And she makes her way to Lake Huron.

No comments: