Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Grand Haven Lighthouse

These are pictures that I took while waiting for the Manitowoc and some that I took after she left.  It was kind of gray and gloomy in the morning and I think that makes for decent lighthouse pictures.
 Looking down towards the pier from the parking lot.  There are many decent places where you can get a picture.
 I decided to take a little walk.  I was there early enough that the pier wasn't crowded with people.
 but there were still a few people around.
 I kind of liked the look of the sky for this one.
 If you look at the pier on the left, you can see there is quite a bit of water.  It was a bit on the windy side yesterday and that made for some decent waves.
 I actually walked back far enough to get some pictures of the range light.
 Looking at the lighthouse from the other side.
 As you can see, there were some decent waves.
 The front of the range light.
 Looking up at the lighthouse.
 Heading back.
 I tried to get a picture of the tower from underneath the catwalk.
 Trying another angle.
 Pulling back a little further.
 One of the waves.
 I kind of like this view.
 After taking pictures of the Manitowoc, I went to the other side of the channel.  It gave me an opportunity for some different angles.
 A shot of the range light.

I kind of like this view too.

No comments: