Sunday, May 8, 2016

Finding the Presque Isle

Next up is another ship that I haven't seen in a while.
 The Presque Isle is an integrated tug/barge.  That means her barge and tug were purpose built to be together.
 If I remember correctly, her bow was built in my hometown of Bay City.
 Even though she's a tug/barge, I think she's a nice looking vessel.  Especially since she looks like a proper ship.
 A shot of her bow.
 And her tug.
 I caught up to her at St. Clair again.  Since I don't get to see her that often, I wanted another set of pictures of her.
 Another shot of her bow.
 One of her crew members had a "Boat Watchers" flag made.  I think it's kind of cool.
 A beam shot of her.
 And another shot of her pilothouse.
And she continues up the river.  She was heading from Zug Island and going to Two Harbors where she will pick up taconite.

No comments: