Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May the Fourth Be With You

So May Fourth has become an unofficial holiday dedicated to Star Wars.  Since I'm a Star Wars fan, I figure I should celebrate it in my own little way.   I have quite a few action figures for Star Wars and some of them are from the Sideshow Toys line which means they are quite detailed and if there weren't things like joints and what not in them, could pass off for the real thing.  At any rate, they make good props.
Everyone likes to talk about the opening scene where you see Princess Leia's ship race passed the screen and it is being followed by a rumbling Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Devastator.  Princess Leia's ship is brought into the hangar bay of the larger ship and we cut to the interior of that ship where Rebel troopers prepare to repel boarders.  Many of them look pretty young but you see one guy that looks like he's seen his share of warfare.
At any rate, I think this is an awesome time to be a Star Wars fan.  In December, we have a movie that tells the story leading to the scene above.  Next year at some time, we have the next installment of the new trilogy.  There is supposed to be a back story for Han Solo and Boba Fett.  So  I can't wait.
Part of me wishes they wouldn't fill in the holes because it's funner to imagine the backstories but I guess there's money to be made.  However, since I assume this guy wont have his backstory filled, I can only imagine where he came from.  I don't have to imagine what's going to happen to him though.

No comments: