Sunday, May 8, 2016

Toledo Train Day - 2016

Yesterday was Train Day in Toledo.  Typically, Toledo is the first city to host train day and it is held on the Saturday that is closest to the driving of the Golden Spike in Promatory, Utah.  This marked the completion of the first Intercontinental Railroad in the United States.  Last year was the last one for Amtrak (I think), however other places will continue them.
 Inside the train station, there were a couple of train layouts set up.  I didn't have quite enough light to get decent pictures.
 I had to take a picture of this one because of my cat's name.
 These are HO scale planes. 
 Amtrak did provide one of their heritage units though.  I kind of like this scheme.
 I was trying to get a picture with the leading lines of the track in it.  I'm not sure about this one though.
 The train station is near a fairly busy line.  I might have to spend some time here some day.
 Another one of the engines on display was from the Ann Arbor Railroad.
I think the thing that attracted me the most was when I heard that the Norfolk-Southern engine honors our first responders was going to be there.  I've seen plenty of pictures but I've never seen it in person.
 This is a pretty cool scheme.  They should use it for more units.
 A straight on shot that I wouldn't normally get.
 Another train passes by.
 For a while, they had a fire engine and Amtrak police car nearby.
 A closeup of the engine.
 I kind of like this shot.
 Looking up at the cab of the Ann Arbor Engine.
 A head shot of the Amtrak Engine.
 Another angle of the Amtrak engine.
 I decided to take another pass of the other two engines.  I'm glad I did because the crowds around them had thinned a bit.
 I was happy to get some clean shots of this engine.
 I kind of like this one.  Especially with the station in the background.

And one more shot before moving on.

1 comment:

DecorPackage said...

The Ann Arbor unit would of been their Heritage Unit, painted by Watco as such last year.