Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Brief Stop at Jackson Yard

I made a stop at the railyard in Jackson on the way to Chicago.  It has been a while since I've been there and I usually see one or two trains hanging around there.
 The first thing I saw was an Amtrak train.  I think it may be the Wolverine, but it was unusual to see it in a siding.  I almost wonder if there was a problem with it because it was empty.
 One of the Norfolk Southern engines.
 Probably one of my favorite groups is Operation Livesaver.  Remember, keep a safe distance from trains.
 Another view of the engine pair.
And one more shot of the Amtrak train.  I posted one of these pictures on a train group I'm on and it turns out that this is the Positive Train Control test train for Amtrak.  Positive Train Control is the system that will stop a train if there is another train on their track.  I think it will also enforce the speed limit on the track.  It is an attempt to prevent another accident like the one in Pennsylvania. 

No comments: