Monday, August 6, 2018

Catching the Yankee Warrior

As I was eating breakfast yesterday, I heard the engines of a largish propeller plane.  As I looked out the window, I saw that it was the Yankee Warrior.  I got in the car and headed over to Willow Run and waited for her.  It took me longer than expected, so I headed back home.
 A little while later, I heard it again, so I grabbed my phone so I could track it.  I waited at my spot on Ecorse in the hopes that winds were blowing in the right direction to catch her.
Sure enough, they were and the clouds looked beautiful.
 Usually, I catch the Yankee Lady and not the Yankee Warrior.  So I was happy for this opportunity.
 I think the B-25 is a pretty cool looking aircraft.
 And I think I got a pretty nice shot here.
I stayed a little longer to catch this Beechcraft Bonanza owned by the Roush Corporation.

No comments: