Friday, August 3, 2018

Escargot, Rice-A-Roni and Hot Dogs at Detroit Metro

As I got home, I checked my FlightRadar app and I saw that I had a chance to catch the Air France plane after dinner.  So I hurried up and ate dinner and headed to the airport.

Apparently there was a little excitement down the road from me.  They had Wick Road closed around Wayne Road.  There was some kind of dispute.  Anyway...
 First up was this 737 coming in for a landing from Salt Lake City. 
 For some reason, when I look at the cockpit of the 737, it reminds me of slicked back hair.  So I call it the "Cool Kid".
 I kind of liked the pink clouds.  I makes for a nice background behind the 777.  I actually prefer clouds in my plane pictures.  I think they add something.
 This particular 777 belongs to Air France and was heading in from Paris.  Hence the escargot part of my title.
 I realize that the French are famous for other dishes, but it's what I could think of at the moment.
 Normally, I don't post pictures with the planes this small, but I liked the way it looked against the clouds in the background.  I also noticed a trace of a vapor trail.
 This particular plane was arriving in Detroit from San Francisco.  Hence the Rice-A-Roni part of my title.
 Again, I realize that there are other dishes that San Francisco is famous for.  There's sourdough and chocolate.  I'm sure there are others.  But neither of those are called the "San Francisco treat".
 And I ended the evening with a Boeing 717 coming in from O'Hare Airport.  Hence the hot dogs part of my title.
Again, I realize there are other things that Chicago is famous for.  But I do like the hot dogs.  I think Chicago style pizza is pretty good but it has to be made like they do.  It's more than just a deep dish pizza.

I was hoping to catch a ship tonight but as I got off at the Jefferson Ave exit, I looked at Marine Traffic and saw that she was docking in Windsor.  So the ship was a no go.

No comments: