Sunday, August 19, 2018

Spending My Birthday at O'Hare - Part I

So I had the whole day to go planespotting at O'Hare Airport.  First I went to a couple of planes on York Road to catch my first couple of planes.  They weren't too bad.
 First up was a 787 belonging to American Airlines.  I didn't look up the flight information for these planes, so I'm not going to post it.   This picture was taken from a parking lot near the landing lights for 10C.
 I think this is an MD-90 belonging to Delta Airlines.  This picture was taken from a spot near the landing lights.  It wasn't a bad spot, but too much belly for my tastes.  I prefer the more side shots of planes.
 So I went back to Gateway Street.  I was parked on the street and one of the business owners let me use his front lawn.  That was nice because it had trees, which meant I had shade.  this was a CRJ-700 belonging to American Airlines.
 An A321 also belonging to American.
 I was happy to see this 757-300 belonging to United.  I wasn't sure if I was going to see any of these because it seems like all the domestic flights go to the other runway.  I was in a position to catch the international flights.  As it was, this may have been a flight from Dublin.
 An Embrear 175.
 A 737 belonging to United.
 I see these fairly often at Metro but it's a livery I like, so I was happy to see it.
 Volaris is a low cost Mexican Airline founded in 2004.   It is based in Mexico City and has hubs in Tijuana and Guadalajara.  I'm not sure what the logo is supposed to be but it reminds me of one of those pixelated things in movies.
 Chocolate the Moose is an A320 belonging to Frontier Airlines.
 An A319 belonging to United.
 Another 737 belonging to United.
 Interjet is another airline based in Mexico City.  This is an A320.
 An American 737 coming in for a landing.
 A United 777.
 A CRJ-200.
 Another United 737.
 Another CRJ-200 belonging to United.  After a while, I stopped taking pictures of these.  If I hadn't, I would have too many pictures to post.
 An A330 belonging to Swiss Air.
 An Air France A330.
 An American Airlines 767 coming in.
 A cargo version of a 767.
After this picture, I moved to another spot.

No comments: