Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Catching Up With the Tim S. Dool

So I was hoping to catch a ship while I was up at the Soo on Saturday.  I was able to see this ship but I would have been shooting into the sun to take it's picture.  Based on the time it was passing through the locks, I figured I would have a chance to catch her.
 I figured out the time that she would be arriving at Port Huron.  I gave myself a little extra time because they had I-94 shut down.
 She is the Tim S. Dool and from what I hear, wont be sailing after this season. 
 As I was taking this picture, she was on her way to Port Cartier, Quebec.  It is almost in the Atlantic Ocean.
 I suspect that she is carrying a load of grain but I'm not 100% sure.
 As I write this post, she is passing Montreal.  I think she would still be another day out from Port Cartier.
 She makes another turn as she works her way to the channel.
 She gets on the heading of the channel.  It's a pretty windy set of turns to get from Lake Huron to the St. Clair River.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 The beam shot.
And she shows her stern as she continues her way down the river.  She is definitely looking rough.

No comments: