Thursday, August 16, 2018

Catching a Few Saturday Night Flights

After a bit of driving, I finally arrived in Chicago.  I saw that I had a chance to catch the A380 so I looked for the spot that was suggested to me by a group of Chicago Area planespotters.  The planes were coming in from the west, so I couldn't go to the spot I used last time.  I kind of wish I found the other spot I found on Saturday night.  I wasn't too please about the lighting conditions.  But I was able to make do.
 I'm not sure how many planes in total I got but I have quite a few.  Because of that, I'm not going to look up the flight information for them.  This is a 737 arriving.
 A United CRJ-700.
 A 737 belonging to American Airlines.
 While I wasn't too please with shooting into the sun, I did manage to get some nice sunset shots.  This is a United A320.
 It was followed by Otto the Owl, which is an A321 belonging to Frontier Airlines.
 I think this is a CRJ-200.
 Another American 737.
 One of the planes I was waiting for was the A380 belonging to British Airways arriving from London Heathrow.  Currently this is the only A380 flight into Chicago.  If there is another one, it will be one of the other airlines.
 It is a cool looking plane and I was pretty close to the landing path.
 I think this is an A319.
 An Embrear 175.
 Another CRJ.  This one belonging to United.
 An American CRJ.
 Another Embrear 175.
 This is one of the special liveries belonging to American Airlines.  They belong to the "One World" alliance.  Although, seeing this plane makes me think of a Bob Marley song.
 Another CRJ.  It's great that these plague O'Hare too.
 Another 737.
 There were a couple more planes I saw on FlightRadar that I was interested in.  The first was the 747-8 belonging to Lufthansa.  I think it was arriving from Frankfurt.
 Another A319.
 These things remind me of little flies.
 This is one of the other planes that I was waiting for.  When I was waiting, I didn't realize it would be a special livery.  I think this livery is celebrating Polish Independence from Russia.  It was pretty cool.
It was followed by an American Airlines 787.  I don't think the 787 will ever supplant the 747 and 757 as my favorites, but it is coming pretty close.

No comments: