Monday, July 22, 2019

A Stop at Grand Rapids Airport

After I stopped at the covered bridge, I had to get gas.  As I was getting gas, I saw a group of Blackhawk Helicopters passing by.  I thought that maybe they would be going to Gerald R. Ford Airport to do some touch and goes.
 Well it turns out that the Blackhawks didn't land there.  So I decided to get a picture of this FedEx 757 even though it was a little on the hazy side.
 As I checked FlightRadar, I saw that an American MD-82 was coming in.  The planes are going to be retired within the next year.
 I'm pretty sure these wont have quite the fanfare as the retiring of the 747s but they do represent the passing of an era.  These planes were certainly workhorses for the airlines that flew them.
 Plus, I like the look of these bare aluminum planes.
 This particular plane was arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth.
 so it was nice to catch this plane.
 Just to give a sense of place.
 A Sikorsky S76 belonging to AeroMed taking off.   While I think it's cool to get pictures of these, I have to remember that someone is not having a cool day.
 A Southwest Airlines 737 coming in for a landing.
 This particular plane was arriving from Baltimore-Washington Airport.
One more shot.

We did make it to Grand Haven but the beach parking lot was pretty packed.  We weren't able to stop to get pictures of the lighthouse.  Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments: