Monday, July 15, 2019

Catching a White Whale of Sorts

Ever since she was acquired by Algoma Central last year, I have wanted to catch.  When I saw that she was passing Port Huron on July 4th, I figured that would be my best opportunity to catch her.
 I think she was heading up from the Samdusky area but I'm not sure as I can't look back that far.
 I do remember that she was heading up to Goderich, Ontario.  Goderich is roughly in the middle of the Ontario Lake Huron shore.
 The main product produced in Goderich is salt and that salt mine is owned by Compass.
 Hence the name of the ship.  I think Algoma bought her to carry salt and that might mean she wont be around for much longer.  However, I can't imagine that investment and Algoma not using her for a few more years at least.
 I think they painted the hull blue and painted the new name on her hull.
 They did not add the Algoma bears to the hull.
 Given that she's been in layup for a while, she looks pretty good.
 She is framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 I think I like this shot a little better.
 I was able to tighten up a bit to get a clear picture of her.  If you ever wondered why they call it the Blue Water Bridge.
 And she passes the bridge.
 She is a pretty nice looking boat.
 If you look closely, you can see her old name of Adam E. Cornelius.
And she continues up into Lake Huron.

No comments: