Friday, July 12, 2019

Catching a Salty

Usually I see more salties when I'm up in the Soo, especially when I'm staying there a few days.  It seems like this time many of the salties passed in the night.  That's kind of a shame because the salties give a different look to things.
 I was happy to catch the Federal Margaree as she was making her way to Duluth.
 She's one of several ships that are owned by Federal Navigation.  They are all very similar in size and carrying capacity.
 Many of these ships will bring cargo over from Europe or Asia (depending on origin).  I have seen a few that were carrying windmill parts.
 It seems like they will sometimes deliver loads between Great Lakes ports but that is pretty rare.
 I think she will head to Duluth where she will pick up grain.
 A shot of her pilot house.
And she continues.  And like the rest of the Federal Navigation ships, she is not registered in Canada.

No comments: