Saturday, October 31, 2020

And the Walter J. McCarthy

 So after catching the Saginaw, I saw that the Walter J. McCarthy was heading down.  I didn't to wait the half hour or so to catch her at Del Ray, so I decided to catch her at Milliken.

It was still pretty windy, so I didn't even bother with my drone.  I wasn't sure if I could use it from Milliken anyway.
The Walter J. McCarthy was heading down from the Duluth area with what I assume was a load of taconite.
She was heading down to Conneaut, Ohio.  That is probably another 17 hours from this point.
I saw that there were a few ships that were anchoring in Lake Erie.  I'm not sure if that means the Walter J. McCarthy will anchor.
Looking at Marine Traffic, that is not the case.
She continues past me.
Almost getting the beam shot.
A better beam shot.

And she passes me.  Unfortunately, I was shooting into the sun for this picture.

No comments: