Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Stupid Balloons

 I like balloons as much as the next guy, but I am not a fan of people that release a mass grouping of them.

As I was waiting for the next ship, I saw this guy drifting across the river.  Of course, I had to look in the direction of it because I couldn't figure out what it was.  Then it dawned on me that it was one of the mylar balloons.  I think I saw a couple others and I realized that it was a balloon that separated from it's flock.

I am not a fan of the practice of releasing large groups of balloons.  While they look cool going up, the eventually end up landing somewhere.  Chances are, the wont land somewhere where they will get taken care of and will end up being another bunch of pollution on the ground.

It's bad enough that people will carelessly toss out cigarette butts and other things from their cars but do we have to add more messes to the world.  Anyway, I'll get off my soap box for now.

 

No comments: