Friday, October 9, 2020

Catching the Industrial Skipper

 So after the 787 and Katana, my ship appeared.  It wasn't too long and that was how close I was cutting it for catching her.

Anyway, I wasn't sure where the Industrial Skipper was coming from but she was heading to Gaspe, Quebec.
Gaspe is just under the mouth of the St. Lawrence River and just above Maine.
They have a famous windmill production facility and I think this ship is probably heading there to pick up some blades.
Somebody said that they saw her carrying blades earlier, so I imagine that she was going to get some more blades for somewhere.
She is owned by Argo Coral Maritime out of the Netherlands but unlike so many other Dutch ships, she is registered in Liberia.  It seems like many of the Dutch ships are registered in the Netherlands rather than in a port of convenience.
She is 470 feet long and 74 feet wide.  That means that she can go through the Welland Canal.
She can carry 12,500 tons of cargo and her two cranes can lift 500 metric tons worth of cargo.
She was built at the Huanghai Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. in Shandong, China in 2015.
I will have to say that she is neat looking ship with a neat name.
When I hear the name, I somehow thing of a captain of industry.
Or a type of mechanical fish.
She passes by.
As I write this post, she is sitting just outside of the Welland Canal on Lake Ontario.  I presume she is waiting for a pilot.
Where she currently is at, it is almost 800 nautical miles to her destination.   She will probably arrive there in 3 days.
I was hoping to catch the next ship but as you can see from this picture it was not likely as she was more than a half hour away at this point.  Oh well.  I got some nice pictures with this ship.
I wish I had a train in this picture, I could have gotten my trifecta.
 

No comments: