Friday, December 31, 2010

Visiting the Detroit Zoo....

I had today off and it was in the 40's, so I decided to go to the Zoo. It wasn't too bad of a day except that it was raining when I first got there but the rain cleared up fairly quickly and the sun even made an appearance a couple of times. Anyways....

This is an immature eagle that the Zoo got from Alaska. Apparently it hit a telephone wire and they were able to bring it back to health except that it wont fly again. It's kind of cool that the zoo gets these birds but they don't look as cool as they do in the wild.

This is the bald eagle the zoo has had for a while.

I'm not sure what kind of animal this is, but you can see the speckles from the rain at the time.

This is a deer. I kind of liked this shot.

A Bison.

One of my favorite animals to go watch is the meerkats.

I tried to get a good picture of the lions but they were all in the back of the enclosure and the light wasn't that great. And as you can see from this picture, the tigers weren't much more active which I guess was kind of expected since it was a pretty blah day.

I did see the red panda out and about though. These are pretty cool looking animals and almost remind me of a racoon.

I wish I would have had my camera ready earlier because the polar bear was out walking around. They are really impressive looking animals.

It was kind of cool because they were feed the seals as I was wandering past their area.

They also were feeding the wolverines, so one of them of was out anyway. I was pretty happy this time because at least one of the wolverines was actually awake. The past couple of times that I went to the zoo, that wasn't the case.

I kind of like this shot because he looks like he is laughing.



The wolverine sort of running.

Another shot of the deer.

It was kind of cool as I was getting ready to go back to the car, this horse was chasing some of the other animals around the enclosure.

Another shot of the eagle.

An attempt to get a closer shot of the eagle.

No comments: