Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Zappa Update

As I posted almost a couple weeks ago, I had to take my cat to the vet. It all started when I got home from my trip to California. He wasn't his usual self and he was holding his head kind of funny. As I looked at him closer, I noticed that one of his ears was puffed out. So I took him to the emergency vet who told me it was an ear hemotoma. Basically something was irritating his ear and he either scratched it enough or shook it enough to make some of the blood vessels burst. So the emergency vet drained his ear.

Then a good friend of mine took him to a regular vet who took a look at it and had to drain it out again. I was then given antibiotics and eardrops. And I had to bring him back to do a little surgery to his ear. So a couple days later, I took him back, the sutured his ear back to keep it straight and then bandaged it.

He's doing much better now but I decided to take a couple pictures of him in this state.

You can see that the other ear is pinned down.

Here is the bandage.

Another shot from a slightly different angle.

On Friday, I get to take him into the vet to get his bandages removed and to find out where I go from here.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

I still want to see the "Cone of Shame."