Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Wayne County Lightfest

I've always heard about the Lightfest. I have been meaning to go so I decided to go tonight and I'll have to say that it was pretty cool. At first I thought maybe the only lightfest would be the brake lights of all the people waiting to get in. Once we got in, the traffic spread out a bit so it was kind of nice.

If you are in the area and interested in going, it's Hines Drive from Merriman. It is about 2 miles south of I-96.

This is the sign that greets you as you enter the displays proper. It was kind of a crisp night.

This display was animated with the Jack in the Box jumping out of the box.

Just in case you don't know where Wayne County is.

This was pretty neat in that it was a tunnel of lights. Although it was not as neat as the one they used to have at Domino Farms.

A manger display.

A sky slope.

Why not have an American flag?

Santa and a Christmas tree.

This one was also pretty neat as there were a couple other cars. I mean after all, it is the motr city.

I want to say this is an advent wreath.

This one was also pretty neat as it was pretty sizable.

This was in front one of the overpasses.

And wishing you a Happy Holidays.

No comments: