Monday, September 18, 2017

And a British Contribution

Next up is a ship from Jolly Old England.  Because there were so many ships passing in such a short time, I just decided to spend my afternoon in St. Clair.  The Harbour Fountain, this ship and the next ship all passed within roughly one and half hours of each other.  There were also some upbound ship coming while these ships were passing.  It was pretty cool because I haven't seen the river this busy in a while.
 The Jacqueline C is a ship owned by the Carisbrooke Shipping Company out of Cowes, England.  Unlike many European ships, she is actually flagged to her home country.
 The Jacqueline C was built in Yangzijiang in China in 2009.
 I don't have English dimension and I don't feel like converting, so I'll leave her dimensions in SI units.
 She is 138 meters long and 21 meters wide.  I'm not sure about her capacity.  I would imagine that when she came to the lakes, she was carrying windmill blades like many of her sisters.  I'm not sure what she's carrying back.
At any rate, she's on her way to Baltimore.
And she passes the subject of one of the next posts.

No comments: