Sunday, September 24, 2017

Ohio Bobcats at Eastern Michigan Eagles - In Pictures

As usual, these are pictures of things other than the game itself.  If you want pictures of the game (and a few repeats of the ones here), go to Hustle Belt.
 Normally, I go watch the offense practice but at the last game, I decided to wander over to watch the defense practice.  This is a drill where the defense is supposed to watch the ball getting snapped.  It helps in their timing.
 A tackling drill.  If there is one thing that I've seen is the tackling improve.  I think that is one of the elements of the improved defense.
 I was trying to get a shot from the front.
 Then I wandered over to watch some of the receivers in action.
 Antoine Porter catching a pass from one of the assistants.
 Each time Eastern scores, the cannon is fired.  Here is the ROTC getting it ready.
 I think it is a World War II airborne howitzer.
 The band taking the field before the game.
 The band starting to spread out.
 Sadly, this was the widest I could get my lens.
 The color guard bringing the flag onto the field.
 The drum major marching out to the side.
 The flag girls.  I kind of like it that they have flags for all of the teams in the MAC.
 The band again.
 The color guard marching on the field.
 Just before the National Anthem ends, an eagle flies out on the field.  I think this is much cooler than the other pre-game ceremony that Eastern has.
 The band marching off the field.

 The drums.
 The dance team on the sidelines.
 The Dance Team during their routine.  I think they come out when there is a long break.
 I'll have to hand it to them for working this hard in the heat yesterday.  I think it was somewhere in the mid 90's.
 Fortunately, there was somewhat of a breeze.

 For some reason, Swoop came out on the field during the dance routine.  He stayed on the field as play resumed.
 The cheerleaders.
 Yesterday was band day for the game.  Eastern Michigan gets high school bands from around the area to perform at halftime.  I think they try to do a formation in the form of  "EMU".
 Another angle.
 This is Dr. Derek Shapiro, he is the interim director of bands.
 The combined twirlers.
 Another angle of the band.
 Another shot of the twirlers.
 Coach Creighton arguing with a ref over a call.  I may be a bit biased but the penalty calling was pretty ticky tacky.
 I get distracted by aircraft at times.  This 747 was on its way to Seoul, Korea.
 Ian Eriksen after punching it in for a touchdown.
 Another 747 on its way to Shanghai.
A black band over one of the Eastern Michigan police badges in honor of Michigan State Trooper Timothy O'Neill.  He was killed while on his motorcycle.   I think the investigation is in process.

No comments: