Friday, September 8, 2017

The Munson Makes an Appearance

When I looked at AIS on Sunday night, it looked like it wasn't going to be a good ship day.  I decided to check again in the morning because sometimes the ships are lurking the dead zones.  When I looked again, I saw that it was going to be a busy day on the river, so I decided to head up to Port Huron.
 First up is the John G. Munson.
 It has been a couple months since I've seen the Munson and that was in May.  But then again, I haven't been boatwatching as much this season as I have in the past.
 In this particular instance, she was heading back from Huron, Ohio.  I think she delivered stone there.
 And I think she's heading back up to Stoneport to pick up another load of stone for somewhere.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 Another shot of her.
 Her deckhouse.
 Her pilothouse.
 The Stars and Stripes flapping proudly in the breeze.
And she continues her way up Lake Huron.

No comments: