Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Mississagi Enters the Cuyahoga River

I was not expecting to see another ship entering Cleveland.  When I checked Marine Traffic that morning, I saw that this ship was in Lorain, Ohio.  As I was riding the train, I saw that she was leaving Lorain and then I discovered that she was in fact heading to Cleveland.  She was sitting at anchor for a while.
 I made it to Wendy Park just in time to catch her passing the pier lights.  I kind of wish there weren't the pleasure boats in the picture but oh well.
 I believe she was carrying a load of stone but I wasn't quite sure where in Cleveland she was heading.
 The light was hitting her just about right though.  I just wish the river were a little calmer.
 She is definitely a good looking boat.  It seems like she is taken care of.
 A couple of crew members watching all of the activity.
 A clean shot of her.  If you look to the right, you can see the pilothouse of the Isa.
 She finally gets to pass through the rail bridge after the trains passed.
 I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get another picture of the blimp.
 A little closer to my trifecta but no train.
 A shot of her stack.
 Another shot with the blimp.
I thought she was going to make the turn to the right but maybe there were too many boats in the way.

No comments: