Saturday, September 23, 2017

Planes in the Fog

It was kind of a foggy night on Monday, so I decided to do a little planewatching.  As you could tell, I love to take pictures of planes but I like them even more when I get some weather in the pictures.  I think fog does some really cool things in pictures.
 The planes were taking off to the north, so I parked on Wick Road.  I think it gives a nice vantage point.  The first plane I saw was this United A319 heading for Chicago O'Hare.
 Next up was an American MD-80 taking off for Dallas-Fort Worth.  I think American is in the process of retiring these planes though.  It's kind of a shame because they are pretty nice looking planes and I really like this livery.
 A CJR-200 obscured by the fog and heading towards Kalamazoo. 
 I can't make out the tail number of this plane, but I'm pretty sure it's an A320.
 Of course another thing that got my interest was the fact there were a handful of 757s taking off.  First of those was this one that was heading to Minneapolis.
 This next plane caught me off guard because I didn't see it on FlightAware.  It was a FedEx A300 taking off.
 This plane has a tail number of N961AT.  All of the planes for Delta that end in "AT" were acquired when Air Trans went out of business.  They are also all Boeing 717s.  This particular one was on its way to O'Hare.
 Another former Air Trans 717, but I can't make out the tail number enough to see where it was headed.
 A CRJ.
 An Express Jet CRJ-900 on its way to Grand Rapids, MI.
 A Delta MD-88 heading for Madison, WI.
 A 737 on its way to Los Angeles.
 A SkyWest CRJ heading for South Bend, Indiana.
 Another MD-88.
 A Delta 737 heading for the Phoenix Sky Harbor.
 A 757-300 on its way to Atlanta.
 An Airbus 320 taking off for Milwaukee.
 A GoJet CRJ-700 heading to Midway.  It's kind of amazing the number of flights that head to Chicago.
 A 737 on its way to Salt Lake City.
 This 767 was on its way to London Heathrow Airport.
 An this one was headed to Munich.
 Normally, I don't like to post two pictures of the same plane, but I couldn't really pass up on this one.
 A Southwest 737.
 A 757 on its way to probably another fog shrouded city in the form of Seattle.
 An American Airlines A320 on its way to Phoenix.
 Another Southwest 737.
 And this A330 was on its way to Paris.
 This American Airlines MD-80 was on its way to O'Hare Airport.
 And I ended my night with a 757-300 that was heading to San Francisco.
But I couldn't pass on this picture of her.

No comments: