Saturday, December 7, 2019

Catching the Force

I decided to check Flight Radar this morning.  I don't know why, but I thought I would check and see where the United Airlines Star Wars 737 was heading.  I was happy to find out that it was heading to Detroit today.  Well, I was partially happy as I was going to the MAC Championship game.  It wasn't a particularly good game nor did I really have a dog in the hunt, so I left early.
 Sadly, I didn't leave early enough as I was hoping to still catch it in the air.  I'm not terribly happy with this picture but at least I got a picture of it.  I hope that it comes this way again.  At any rate, it was coming in from Denver.
 A Delta Airlines 737 arriving from Tampa.
 Another angle of that plane.
 It was followed by a my favorite aircraft.
 Which is the 757 and this one was arriving from Fort Lauderdale.
 Recently, I saw an article that United ordered a bunch of A321s to replace their 757 fleet.  I know that these planes are getting old but it will still be sad to see these planes leave the skies.
 One more angle.
 I wasn't going to get another plane but I saw that there was another plane I was interested in catching.  It wasn't this one though.  This Spirit Airlines A320 was coming in from Tampa.
 It was followed by a 767.  I was surprised to see that it didn't have the winglets and then I found out that it was 767-400 which has the 777 style raked wingtips.
 This particular 767 was arriving from Frankfurt, Germany.
 I headed over to the other side of the airport because I saw that there was another 757 coming in.
 This 757-300 was coming in from Seattle.
One more shot of it.

No comments: