Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Ojibway Comes Off Lake Huron

The next ship is the one that I wanted to catch.
 The ship in question was the Ojibway.  She was born in Bay City as the Charles F. Hutchinson.
 She is what is known as a "straight decker".    That means she is not equipped with self unloading equipment.
 It also means that she is exclusively used in the grain trades.  So she is only used later in the season, typically.
 While it looks like she may hit the boat, no worries.  If there were worries, I would have heard five short blasts of her horn.  That is boat for, "get out of the way".
 A bow shot as she makes the turn for the channel.
 And she turns for the channel.  I am thinking that I am liking this angle more and more.
 Anyway, she was going to deliver grain to the grain elevator in Windsor.  From here, it is also about six hours to that point.
 The second bow shot.
 Since she is exclusively in the grain trade, I don't get to see her that often, so I was excited to see her.
 Framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She continues her trek down the river.
 A stern shot.
I love this picture with the Canadian flag flapping in the breeze.

After this picture, I headed up to Fish Point.

No comments: